Followers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Birthdays

Brrr! It is very cold , windy and showery here .And there is more to come tomorrow .
As long as the power does not go off I shall stay in my craft room . Hope that you all stay high , dry and warm then . Do you have plenty to do to keep your self occupied during colder days?
I, myself ,have been creative today with 3 cards for Sunday session.


This first card   is another example of my style , I think. Simple, quick and easy .
Recipe.  White Gloss card SU
        SU  Stamp sets ..Carte Postale, Autumn Days , Tiny Tags,  
                                Teeny Tiny Sentiments .
       SU Inks...           Handsome Hunter, Green Galore, Baja  
                            Breeze, Brocade Blue, Pixie Pink and
                            Basic Brown.
      Scrap paper for template for shapes to sponge with colour.
      Paper Snips to paper piece bird.
Some one asked why I used so many inks [ colours] on one card ..
   My reply " because I can "





Second card


This card is basic as well . I really need to use up the mountain of dsp  and    cardstock I have on hand.
Using various circle punches I used SU Cottage Wall dsp and layered them as shown,  onto some canvas textured,  pastel coloured cardstock from core'dinations.
The greeting is from SU , Birthday Wish, inked in Elegant Eggplant.




And lastly the third card .          

  An SU punch  , Boho Blossoms,
again used here with various scraps of cardstock.
Stamp sets..SU , Fifth Avenue Floral, Vintage
                      Vogue, Cheery Chat.
Ink ..SU, Regal Rose.
SU Cardstock  Certainly Celery as card base.

 Made standard C6 size card . Folded front of card back to side fold . Covered the panel with dsp. Added the rectangle tag for the greeting so that only about half was adhered to the panel  with the larger flower. I added a smaller flower to the bottom of tag and some more to the left of the inside back of card.
                              
I am really happy with all three today . I think that they are all different and special in their own way.
 I do hope that it has been worth your visit and if you leave your  link I'd love to visit you too.
Cheers for now and  catch you soon , Shirley-Anne

 

8 comments:

  1. Great! Especially love the circle one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley-Anne
    wow you have been having another of your sessions, and wow what a selection.the bottom one is my absolute favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Shirley Anne these are fabulous...I love the first one its my favourite
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love that first card Shirley, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley-Anne - thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comments xx Been having a quick nosy at yours before the school run - ooh what lovely makes. Going to have a good read later - interested in reading your tips for braying not done it before but interested in trying xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh beautiful cards, such gorgeous colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards. It's great when we find our own style of stamping. The card with the different colors is really lovely. Thanks for stopping by my blog for the latest Annabelle release previews and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at these awesome cards. Love the first one... so many colours look great.

    And the last one is beautiful - the cut out flowers give it a special feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne