Followers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Wishes

Hi there and welcome once more . I am soo over this cold weather , roll on Summer!  Mind you , in Winter it is easier to justfy staying in to craft the hours away. Isn't it?
I have indeed been indoors most of the day creating these two cards which I am thrilled with . I have 4 male Birthdays for September so I thought that I had better make a start .

This first one was created using Top Note die cut with Big Shot , ! 1/4" square Punch ,  Curly label punch , a selection of dsp , some scrap SU ribbon and SU card stock. Sentiment from SU set Short &Sweet. I thought that I may have overdone the sponging on the edges a bit . What do you think?


Once again I have used the Big Shot with dry embossing folders for the two layers[ stripes and dots]  and the curly label Punch for the sentiment from set , Sincere Salutations , while the bird image, which has been paper pieced,  is from set, Friends 24-7.
For another embellishment I added a feather from my stash .
Well I hope that you have found these cards interesting today . Wishing you just the best kind of day and thanks again for calling in . I'd be thrilled to hear from you .
Catch you again soon , cheers Shirley-Anne

6 comments:

ScrappingStephanie said...

I love both these cards. I have such a hard time with male cards, you have done a fabulous job. You DID not do too much distressing with the top card, I love the look. How did you do the bird? Did you stamp it with colored ink or color it in.? I really like the way it came out. Thanks for the inspiration.:)

Stephanie

Shirley-anne said...

Thank you Stephanie. I coloured whole image with markers , for first stamping and then cut the lot out . For the bird I again used markers and cut just the bird body and layered it over first stamping .

Sue W said...

Both great cards Shirley Anne but the top one is my favourite!!!! Love the quilted look!

Curt in Carmel said...

Both of these are gorgeous! I love the warm feel of the first because it reminds me of a patchwork quilt. I don't think that you overdid the sponging at all. With that color, it just adds more warmth to the card. And I LOVE how you used the blue feather on the second. It connects to your image so nicely. Love the dry embossed background too. Perfect! Best, Curt

Lisa Jane said...

great cards - love the patch work effect on the first
Lisa ;)

Michelle said...

Two more fantastic cards, you are on a roll these days! I love the quilt effect, and your distressed sponging looks excellent. Wouldn't change a thing.