Followers

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Card for a beautiful day .

 




Hello once again and welcome to my blog .  I have been "researching " on Pinterest and viewing U-Tube videos and this card is my take of one video from   Connie Stewart,  https://simplysimplestamping.com/      

    Firstly I layered some DS Paper onto white card base leaving small border. Then  using the label punch set  edge to edge at bottom right, I punched it out and put it to one side . I punched out another label from the white scrap .Closing the card I put some adhesive to the label and carefully placed it  in the aperture so that when I opened the card the label was placed in the right spot on the inside of card . Now , I could have stamped the sentiment on the label first but as I was going to add the flower to front of card I wanted to be sure that the words were not obscured.   




I stamped the 3 petals in green ink to create leaves  onto the white scrap using aqua pen to fill in colour  then punched it out .I stamped the petals again twice  in Black ink onto the red card stock scrap. After punching those out I stamped one of the  petals set with its black centre . I adhered both together with a foam dot  and the completed flower onto the lower petal of the green "leaves" 

                                      


SU punches , SU Stamp set and card stock .

Lastly a small bow from Baker's Twine  from my stash was added using a sticky dot .

         This is the first time that I have tried to use pictures of items used but this effort is so untidy  I realize that I need practice .

                                         

Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos.

Stephen Sondheim
     Catch you again soon , cheers for now , Shirley-Anne .

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Shirley-Anne.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Shirley Anne and the sentiment is really beautiful also.
    Thanks for your lovely comments the other day, much appreciated.
    Hugs
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous CAS card Shirley-Anne..look forward to seeing your shaker if you make one..check out the link on my blog to Amy R she shows how easy it is..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty Card Shirley-Anne, and I love the peek a boo element for the sentiment.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne