Followers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

No fuss for this card .

Hello there every one ,thank you for calling in . Welcome to my room .
 Before I share today's card I would like to say that I appreciate all the wonderful comments I get.   I am sorry that I don't always get around to all the  return visits that I hope to,  but I promise I'll try as soon as I can .
Doug had been progressing really well , then , like a bloke does , took one too many risks ,over extending  himself . The result being , he had a fall .A few bumps and bruises  muscle weakness and worse,  a loss of confidence . For  the last  few  days he has not wanted to walk any where with out me being at his side . I'm sure all this will pass eventually and he will return to full strength .
Today's card is a male birthday card.

                                                            Recipe
                                                        Chocolate Chip , Old Olive,  Naturals Ivory.SU
                                                        Lovely as a Tree, A little Birthday Cheer, SU sets .
                                                          Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, ink SU
                                                          Ribbon from my stash .
                                                              Sizzix Ovals Die.
Really  is a no fuss or frills card . I guess that might reflect my sombre mood as of late . In any event I enjoyed making it . Might even make a pretty pink card now .
Catch you again soon , cheers for now , Shirley-Anne.

                                                        

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Doug's fall and resulting loss of confidence. Hope everything improves soon. Looking forward to seeing that pretty pink card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Clean and Simple style here, really elegant and effective!

    Sorry to hear hubby had a fall, hope he mends quickly and gets his confidence back soon!

    All the best to you both, enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley, love that tree, great layout and love the colours, Say hi to Doug!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that tree, very lovely CAS card, Hope your hubby picks up soon,I can relate to the confidence thing, I really can.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sorry to hear about Doug's fall - i hope he gets his confidence back soon. I am sure he will
    Love the card - the tree image is beautiful
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tree, ribbon is just right for a male card, I'm sure Doug will feel better soon - maybe he just needs another chocolate thickshake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Doug is back on his feet and feeling 100% better soon, Shirley-Anne.

    What a great card - perfect layout and use of those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shirley....Sorry to hear about your Doug's fall. I am sure this card will pick his spirits up a little as it is a great card.
    Hey... just wanted to let you know that I FOUND DASHBOARD so I can now keep up with your new posts. I promise I will check you out more often now.

    Carolyn W

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, Sorry to hear that Doug had a fall,I am sure he will reagain his confidence soon.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blokie card. I love the simpleness - they are my fav cards to make. Sorry to hear about Doug - time heals everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne