Followers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

Hi there you all .
Welcome to my room . Thank you for calling in .Hope you take a minute to say hi .
The first thing I must do is to thank all who emailed, blogged or went on FB to wish me a Happy Birthday .
You bloggers really are a wonderful bunch of people .
Thankfully  it certainly was a bit cooler today in Adelaide and just as well because Doug and I must be getting old . The 40 degree heat really knocked us about a bit .
To share tonight   I have  a card I  made  instead of a late Christmas card .


This has a white card base , some floral paper , a premade topnote diecut both from my stash
The book is from Chocolate Chip SU and image from SU set , Morning Cup .
The  now open book is a diecut .

And for the inside I used the next size up in the diecut .

So why the cups instead of wine glasses or beer mugs ...because Doug and I dont drink either but do love to share a coffee ....lots of coffee as our friends and family know .
This may be entered into .. http://www.whimsical-designs.com/ 
Any way that's it for tonight
Catch you again soon , cheers for now , Shirley-anne

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh blast, did I miss your birthday? Hope it was a happy day for you. The little book you made for the front of your card looks great and I can see the reason for the coffee cups, lol
Sandy

Sandy said...

Hey! I love to share a cup of coffee too - in fact I am having one now as I visit your blog. Became a follower and a subscriber so I know I will be back. Really neat idea for your New Year's card! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment Shirley-anne!!
Sandy

Dr Sonia S V said...

Shirley the shape of the book is so gorgeous and Wish you a Happy and Creative New Year
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

McCrafty's Cards said...

I didnt know it was your Birthday Shirley-anne, I hope you had a lovely day, I love this card, my wife and I dont drink and we both love a cuppa, I like the idea of the open card inside.
Kevin xx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh no.. i missed your Birthday .. how did i do that . I hope you had a wonderful day.
I love this card .. and that the little diary opens up.. and the coffee cups are just perfect!
Happy Belated birthday
Lisa x

Mary J said...

Oh that is just brilliant Shirley-Anne! I love that book - gotta give that a go!

Chrissy said...

What a clever and really great idea Shirley-Anne,I think you may have started a new trend.
Fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Merry said...

Wonderful Shirley-Anne. That book die is certainly fun. Happy belated Birthday.

Beebeebabs said...

Wow this is really nice tfs!!!

Michelle said...

Hi Mum

Great card! I love how you have used this die cut. Very clever.

love
Michelle :o)

Dawn said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a good one! Lovely card! The little book tied with the ribbon is wonderful.

Hugs, Dawn

Annmaree (Emu) said...

OH Happy Birthday! I am so sorry I missed it! You should add me on facebook!

I love the card, the book die is great! Lov eit for the inside and as the main embellishment on the front!!!

Hope you had a great birthday and enjoy the weekend!

Chrissy said...

Oh! Shirley-Anne, you did have me laughing..I can confuse myself most times as well as others...as I write how I talk..lol..but that really made me laugh...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Stephanie said...

LOVE this card. I so badly wanted to make something very different for the New Year, and just could not get that mojo going. You totally pulled off a wonderful non-traditional New Year card. LOVE LOVE it. I wish you and the hubby all the best in the New Year..Happy Belated Birthday:) Hugs!

♥ Mys ♥ said...

Lots of beautiful cards here:)
Thanks for sharing!
*Hugs, Inger*

Monica said...

How unusual is this card, Shirley-Anne. Very clever and I love it. So different and creative.
I have just posted a card with the digi images I had won in May 2011 from Delicious Doodles in MIM. If you have a minute, do check it out...
It saved me so... had to do a card with a cricket theme and did not have anything related so this image was a saviour.

Thanks for asking after me... We are fine and trying to settle back in after our trip to New Delhi.

Hugs,
Monica