Followers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Birthday celebrations

Hello there , welcome to my room . Hope that your weekend has been rich in memory making moments .
 You're just in time to see the card I have this minute finished . I have made this one to put away for Doug's birthday in December . YES I KNOW it's early , but I like to make a few cards  and have plenty  in reserve in case of..?? who knows what.
Doug loves trees and parks so when I bought this  SU set , Lovely as a Tree, I knew it was for him .

Dark blue card base is from stash . There is a Whisper White mat , then a Baja Breeze then DSP. The tag I made with one of the trees from the set and the sentiment from Upsy Daisy.
and the inside is as shown ...

I used DSP from the Patterns Stack Subtles Collection  for insert.
I stamped row of trees directly onto it at centre top,  in Creamy Caramel,   then again on Whisper White , which  this  I cut around  to use as base for pop up  and sponged  top edge with Brocade Blue . I then  stamped large tree in Handsome Hunter, cut it out and adhered to row of trees as part of  pop up.
    One day I will learn to take photos outside ...
Till then , I can only apologize for poor quality of pictures .
Well I am off now to catch up on my blogging and commenting .
Hope you like the card tonight , catch you again soon , cheers for now Shirley-Anne .

7 comments:

Rose Petal said...

What a lovely card Shirley-Anne, and made especially with Doug in mind because of something he loves, that is so beautiful and thought out. Love the simplicity of the design and the effectiveness. I am sure he will love it. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Michelle said...

Fantastic card! This is a lovely design for a masculine card. Love the pop up insert.
I will have to make one for Dad while I'm down there with you ;-)

Michelle :-)

Lisa Jane said...

what a brilliant card . Love the pop up inside
Lisa ;)

Monica said...

Hi Shirley-Anne,

This card is so smart and stylish... I love the striped paper and the stamp. The inside is even more interesting! I love the way you work so hard on the inside - some patience!

Love,

xxx Monica

Doreen said...

This is simply stunning, a fabulous male card and I am sure Doug will love it.I love the sheer elegance of it.xxx

Annmaree said...

More great stamps love it!

Love the popup! and great simple and elegant design!

Curt in Carmel said...

What a great card! I LOVE the pop up inside of the card. What a great job on this one! Best, Curt