Followers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Sparkling Ale for Birthday

Whew a warm one today .
A prelude to Christmas day , weather man says .
Hi there , welcome to my room and thank you for calling in .
Doug and I went for our usual coffee early this morning to beat the heat . We have been out at different times of the day as of late to several of the centres  that are near us and were surprised at how quiet the shopping centres are and how meagre the Christmas decorations are adorning the malls .There was also a distinct lack of Christmas Carols being played  everywhere . .
Need an earlier night tonight so am sharing this card  now , that I made for my  card  ladies Sandy and Jane .
I think it is called a tent card or  a teepee shape card  or at least my version of . LOL

Bashful Blue for card base and Whisper White for image . Gold sentiment sticker and gold border sticker
A pink marker for wine colour and KindyGlitz for sparkle.
I had only added border to the sides but after a suggestion from Sandy , I placed some around the bottom of front  panel  as well to finish.
And to show the other sides I've laid the card flat .
As you can see photo was taken before adding extra gold border sticker to bottom .



A balloon , coloured with Pumpkin Pie ink  and paper pieced . The gift box on other side is coloured with green marker .
This was fun to make and would like to make another but use some DSP on side panels next time .
Hope you like it
Catch you again soon , cheers for now , Shirley-anne.

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the style of this.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific shaped card. No lack of people at our shopping centres here Shirley-Anne....busy busy busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Shirley-Anne, I love the shape.
    Thanks so much for keeping Bertie in your prayers, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley-Anne

    Your card is a fantastic shape.

    The extra gold on the edges makes all the difference. Love it!!!

    Have a merry Christmas and a new year filled with good things.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley-Ann, Love the design and colour and the extra gold looks fab.
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my christmas card and for becoming a follower.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats a cool shapes card, I love that!

    Just want to wish a Happy Christmas to you and your family!

    Hope its a beautiful day filled with lots of love and laughter!

    Enjoy it xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shaped card Shirley-Anne, I too have noticed not too much carol singing. Wishing you and your family a magical Christmas Day and a fun, healthy 2012, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabby card and i love the warm winter wishes sentiment. thanks for sharing
    Scratch Card printing
    Custom Gift Cards
    Clear Business Cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne