Followers

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Small is good

Hi there , welcome to my room .
 Hello to all followers , on  blog and those newbies to my craft circle.

Had a fabulous craft morning  with two of my dearest friends , Fran and Sandy , followed by  laughter packed lunch at the  Forest Avenue Deli .

Just between you and me I prefer to make cards for males . Papers are easier to choose ..sentiments are basic and embellishing is simpler.
That brings me to a card I would like to share here .
Last week was quite busy with ordinary mundane life stuff and I did not get 3 cards and kits made up for this morning . So the girls quickly made up the one I did make and the last two were made up on the spot .
Heehee that is after Sandy's little mishap with a cup of  her  magnificent cup of coffee that I had made . You know it is incredible just how far a cup of coffee can spread when it is not in the cup !

but back to the card .. about 11cm square.


Love the new papers from SU . This one is Sweater Weather. The sentiment and punched label is from SU .Label Love .
Ribbon , SU .Card candy from my stash .
Bike image , Motorcycle, SU . Card stock from my SU stash . Scallop square from SU..
Actually I enjoyed creating this with the girls as we each ended up with a slightly  different result .

Another fine Spring day  after a very cool start . Roll on Summer .

I do hope that you and yours are well and you are getting in some craft time . Thanks again for sharing some of that valuable time with me .


Catch you again soon , cheers for now , Shirley-Anne

11 comments:

Monica said...

Wow, Shirley, that was an honest confession about the fact that you like to make men's cards. And your cards are SUPER. Wish I could be any where close to that. I have to do a card making session for the five year olds in Aleeza's class and I am struggling with ideas for boy's cards.
I like the papers and the card edges and the paper on your card.
Nice quote - makes me want to smile.
Love,
M

Jayne A said...

Fantastic card.
Hugs
Jayne

Asha said...

What a fabulous man card, Shirley-Anne.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Asha said...

What a fabulous man card, Shirley-Anne.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Mary J said...

Great card, Shirley-Anne - love that paper with the bike!

Andree said...

This is fabulous Shirley-Anne. I love the paper, image and layout x

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

Annmaree of Oz said...

excellent card, you do them so well, and you are an expert at the male-theme for sure! Love the plaid and shape!

Faith A said...

Love this masculine card Shirley Anne, so macho.

I'm like you, have no problem making men's cards, not as nice as this though :)

As for the quote - well I wish it was true LOL.

Pia S said...

This is a great male card, Shirley-Anne! The DP adds to the masculine feel of this card, and I think you picked the perfect spots for the sentiment and image.

Merry said...

Great male card....perfect papers. Sounds like fun with the coffee. ;-)