Followers

Friday, May 28, 2010

A couple of techniques on show .


Hello and welcome to a chilly night here in Adelaide . We have had a few drops of rain today and may have more tomorrow . And that means we can't go for a walk , Hubby and I. Oh   what a shame .....I'll just have to fill in time in my craft room , won't I?  
Already tonight I have completed two projects for Sunday craft  ladies .
This one shows off repitition stamping [ stamping off] .  Ink the image , stamp the image , in this case I stamped onto project , restamp the image one or more times without reinking the stamp.
I began with a white gloss card base  and a layer of textured pink card. On  whisper white cardstock trimmed a bit smaller than the pink layer  I stamped, in basic black , flowers from Vintage Vogue. I added strip of the pink edged with decorative punch. Over this I added ribbon and scallop circle, and 1 3/8" nd 1 1/4 " circles with butterfly image in Pixie Pink from set,  Dreams du Jour.  Then adhered all to card front. I finished off by adding a couple of pink Rhinestones in some of the flower centres.

This second card I show off the brayering  technique as background .
The card base is from Pretty in Pink. Only one layer of Whisper White .Over  this , before adding to card base , I placed a piece of thin paper with a hole torn in the centre . Over this I brayered Brilliant Blue as background piece.
Flower and small butterfly  inked in basic Black is from set , Live Your Dream. Top butterfly is from Dreams  du Jour In Basic Black as well as the  greeting  from Whimsical Words .
I completed the layer by adding clip from Hodgepodge hardware and some black ribbon .



Well that's it for another night .
Hope that you have enjoyed your browsing here tonight .
Catch you again tomorrow,  perhaps .
Cheers Shirley-Anne

3 comments:

  1. Two great techniques, Im sure the ladies will enjoy the opportunity to practice them. I really love the ribbon and clip treatment on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you make good use of your 'indoor time' Shirley-Anne!!!!
    Lovely cards both I like the 'stamping off' technique and must start using it your card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for reminding me about the paper ripping technique, I had forgotten it. Love both cards. So it is you I have to blame for the rain eh? hoping it would rain so you wouldn't have to go walking! I couldn't go visiting today because of that river rushing down from the sky. catch you soon Shirley, know I keep saying that but we can only hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne