Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Serendipity

Hi.
Hope you  all had a great weekend . Missed you all since my last posting .  I myself have been in a pensive mood ...teeny bit sad really.  Our Daughter , Michelle,  celebrated her 40th birthday on Sunday and I could not give her a hug . My son , Sonny, celebrated a Birthday today and I could not give him a hug either. Thank Heaven for Computer and messenger ! But ...but some good news , Hubby , my FANTASTIC Hubby has paid airfare for Michelle to fly down from Queensland to stay with us for a couple of days in September. HOW GOOD IS THAT !
Ok now I feel better , having shared that with you .
Another boost to my morale came through the post . A new friend Ally has sent me a card which I will class as a swap , meaning I will send her one back.
Ally has created this beautiful beach scene on Cold Laminate.
I had heard about this technique but had never actually seen it . I love it . Thank you Ally.





How friendships can grow through papercraft , how mothers and daughters can share such passion about art in paper . Just   next  time you go to your' list of blogs visited ' see how many visitors they have on their blog , how many you have on yours and thousands of people can't be wrong! Papercrafting makes friends .


Now onto a card I  made yesterday . As you might pick up when you see it I was in a pensive mood and  wandering down memory lane while making this .
The picture from graphic45 sheet reminded me of a place where we once lived .  Koolunga. We had a huge block of fruit trees and vegy patches and chooks and ducks . Doug , the three children and I used to go and pick carrots or corn and oranges and eat right there, in the garden.  Michelle and I used to go to the chook house and collect eggs . That was 35 yeas ago ....sigh.
SORRY , back to card .

I began with Rich Razzleberry cardstock added some dsp from Bella!
The lime frame . the flowers , brads and Bow from my stash.

The greeting from SU set Sweet Serendipity is inked with SU Brocade Blue on Bashful Blue card, SU.  Scallopped Oval Punch, SU . used to make tag.



Hope you like the card
 Wishing you a pleasant evening
Cheers Shirley-Anne

3 comments:

chris said...

Hi Shirley
I bet you cant wait until september, you will have to keep busy and make lots of cards!
your childrens childhood sounds great, and so different to anything I can imagine here.
both of the cards a are little crackers, like the idea of the swap.
hugs chris xx

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Sirley Anne - what a lovely post i really enjoyed reading it. I have made lots of lovely crafting friends since blogging and how lucky to know a wonderful mum and daughhter!!
The card Ally sent you is beautiful and your card is fab too- i love nostalgia.
What a great present from your hubbie - to pay for Michelle to come and see you. I bet you can't wait!
Lisa ;)

Monica said...

Dear Shirley-Anne,

What a touching post that was... I am going to hop over to Michelle's and leave her belated birthday wishes.

Yes, you are so right, blogland is such a warm and loving place and it is nice to meet such lovely people...

I love your card. I think you are extremely creative and talented.

I can imagine how excited you must be at the thought of Michelle visiting you in September. So generous of your hubby.

Keep crafting.

Lots of love,

Monica