Followers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pretty Silhouette

Hello and welcome to my room . Hope your day has been a pleasant one .
I had a great afternoon with a  gathering of papercrafters at my friend , Kay's home . Thank you for sharing , Kay.
Today my card , another Christmas card , is made with one of my favourite type of images .
The set used is , Welcome Christmas,  and the image is a silhouette type.
Isnt that family scene just the message you want to convey with the sentiment being the perfect accompaniment?
Whisper White , Old Olive and Real Red  cardstock and Real Red , Old Olive  inks along with the white pen came together for this simple  card. Once again I used the example shown in our new catty to preview this set .
I stamped the sentiment twice , once in red and once in green then I cut the Season's Greetings centre from the green image and 3D it over the red one, while the lot is 3D over Real Red strip.
And the red strip behind the sentiment is  card stock with white lines along edges.
Hop that you like the card , my number 38th  Christmas card.
Catch you again soon , cheers Shirley-anne

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley-Anne. This is so beautiful. Love the colours and the simplicity of the card is so very effective. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley Anne- 38!! really like that red strip with white lines- looks very effective- I am starting to like this set more and more. I ordered some Christmas goodies at Sue's Launch party the other night- should get them next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card... I love the shadow stamp and you are so right - it conveys the feeling of Christmas so well.

    Thanks for your visits and kind words.

    Love,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - i absolutely love this ... it really says Christmas to me .. just how i want it to be .. traditional family fun
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats really cool, love how the silhouette is just watermarked and really love how you did the title!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne