Followers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

Hi there every one. Welcome to my room .
I am sure that you all are aware of the dramatic events that are happening as we speak. I am refering to the States of Queensland  and New South Wales and may be others that I am not aware of , where record floods are devastating lives and landscape. I know that times are tough for many of us and money donations may be hard to find , so do you think that just maybe you could rummage through your linen press or wardrobe and find some items that you could spare for the Red Cross / Salvation Army?  In any event ,please keep all those who are affected by this tragedy in your thoughts and prayers .
                             But now onto today's card .
I started out with a man's card in mind but not sure if I ended up with one .



Very overcast here in Adelaide so photo not so bright .
Soft Suede and Naturals Ivory and scrap of blue cardstock  used . Butterfly from All A Flutter, SU. Inks , Soft Suede and Pacific Point.  Sentiment from Upsy Daisy set SU. Chocolate Chip ribbon SU. Scallop Trim Border Punch SU used on Ivory layer and I added little pearls inbetween each scallop. . Butterflys wings are curled and  are both   adhered with foam tape .
In any case I ended up with a creation I rather like so ...all good!
I am off now to go through Kitchen cupboards to see if I really need 3 potato mashers, 4 eggflips , those 6 new teatowels ...
Catch you all again soon , cheers Shirley-Anne

7 comments:

  1. Great card, love the butterfies and the way its framed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage style of the card and the distressed edges .. the butterflies are beautiful
    My thoughts are with everyone touched by the flooding - its terrible
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card!! love the colour combo and it is such a stylish layout.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley-Anne. Your card is beautiful and I just love the colour combination. The blue butterflies really pop out. Fantastic.
    We are watching the news daily about those poor people whose lives have been so devastated. We are thinking of them always.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad to learn of the natural disasters hitting innocent lives and their habitats...

    The colours are manly enough and so is the sentiment. The butterflies are AWESOME. Super colours. Funny I just made a butterfly card this morning and got on the net to post it... Same wavelength or telepathy, whatever you want to call it!!!

    Hugs,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card,I love the butterflies.

    I watch the news updates all the time it is devastating what is happening over there at the moment.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart goes out to every one there. I've been watching the news coverage and it looks so devastating. I've never seen anything like it. Your card is beautiful! I love the brown/blue/cream color combo. I still think it could be used for a guy. Glad you are safe. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne