Followers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Gate Fold Card

Hello once more , dear blogging friends . Welcome to my room . Hope that you are all happy and in good health . Just the last few days my mojo went AWOL. So I have been reading,  blog browsing and flipping through my stash of card examples [ swaps] . I ended up finding inspiration  on  Sandy's blog .
Sandy has many creations other than cards and her works of art are truly worth a visit . What inspired me was her  layering of many elements on a card.
So here I am sharing with you today's card .
Cardstock is from SU . The  Old Olive  panels for gate fold have been embossed with Provo Craft Folder for added texture . I have used  a wood flourish , a butterfly , leaves and flowers from my stash  for embellishing . Oh and added self adhesive pearls in corners .
For the inside I have used Old Olive layer with pale blue piece with deckled edges touched  with gold pen. It looked a little bare so I found a precut butterfly in my stash to add to bottom corner .
I am really happy with this card today so hoping you like it too.
Catch you again soon , cheers Shirley-Anne .
     Entering this into ...Moving Along With The Times  Challenge ..Make Your Dream Come True"
                  Because one of my many dreams is to be able to add more than a couple of elements / embellishments to a card .



12 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! I think you have done a spectacular job of embellishing this card perfectly and the inside looks so pretty too.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Shirley Anne! Love the pretty butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I LOVE THIS!!!

    Awesome flowers with the butterfly, love the fold and the inside detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Shirley-Anne. All the embellishments are Beautiful. A fabulous job.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow its stunning Shirley - i love the front of the card .. beautiful
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley this card is absolutely beautiful! Butterflies are my favorite because they remind me of my sister. She loved them! The florish and flowers are gorgeous. I have been busy setting up my google reader. Organizing it is a little tedious, but once I am finished it will be so much easier to keep track of the blogs I am following, and I won't miss any more post. I hope you had a fantastic weekend.:)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card and WOW you managed to get the dream to come true. Its super. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Shirley-Anne, the flowers and the butterfly look amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog and so happy you found inspiration from it. Really appreciate your comment and the shout-out for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card Shirley-Anne. I love all the elements and colours and what a brilliant interpretation of our theme. Thankyou for joining us at MAWTT this week.
    I hope you are having a good week and that all your dreams come true.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Shirley-Anne, gorgeous flowers and butterflies, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card... reminds me of a lovely bouquet of flowers. The butterflies are gorgeous and look at that lovely inside. Very rich and elaborate card, really.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne