Followers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A quick Get Well card

Hi there , welcome to my room . Hope that you and yours are well . Really hot here in Adelaide today , and I am so happy that our unit is easy to keep cool . Great for crafting . Today's card is in my usual style , quick and simple .
We have a friend who has been in hospital for a few days and who,  for one reason or another,  can't have flowers in her room . This,  I thought , was the next best thing  to cheer her up.
The stamp [ Fragrant Letter from Penny Black]   is one I have had FOR EVER.
The sentiment is from Art Impressions. Both inked with Basic Brown.  Envelope  image on Whisper White ,  coloured with various markers and adhered with foam tape . The card and papers from Simply Scrappin set , Love Birds. I added black rhinestones for flower centres.
Fiskars Punch used for decorative edge.
Thanks for calling in .
Time for a cool drink...catch you again soon , cheers for now Shirley-Anne.


8 comments:

  1. ooh I love this, love the envelope with flowers! and love the layers of different paper and ribbon and punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your pretty card brightens the day for your friend!! It's lovely....I love your Penny Black stamp too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great little image .. it is sure to cheer up your friend and brighten up her room
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a lovely cheerful card. Your friend will love it. Such a versatile image.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very thoughtful of you Shirley-Anne to send her flowers this way... I am sure she will be better when she looks at this wonderful card.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very pretty card - and I'm sure your friend will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great way to sent her some flowers she will love it since she cant have the real thing...could you send us just a teeny bit of your heat here please Shirley
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning Shirley-Ann, I love the envelope with flowers.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne