Followers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stamp on loan...

Hi there blogging friends . Another glorious Autumn day here in Adelaide . Hope it was or is as beautiful where ever you are .
At the last workshop one of my friends asked me to demonstrate to her a way to use a stamp she had trouble creating with . So I have made this ..

The stamp that Fran gave me to try is the script image , Imprint, The Rubber Stamp Shop.
I stamped it on River Rock card with Basic Grey ink. Inked edges with Creamy Caramel. After I had inked script I placed  punched oval card on top and then River Rock card and brayered over to get even pressure .
This left a nice oval frame for the Natural Ivory oval with image . I stamped a swirl in Old Olive over script near oval and then added flowers , lace and butterfly .
Layered that on Always Artichoke card. I used two small corner pieces of Naturals Ivory to define edges and adhered all to striped dsp with foam tape . All on base card of Old Olive .
Hope this gives my friend Fran an idea or inspiration for her 'Imprint ' stamp.
Do you think it a reasonable card to show off her stamp?
                                Catch you again soon , cheers for now , Shirley-Anne.

10 comments:

  1. LOve that script background and the vintage feel to your card
    Its really windy here .. i chased my washing round the garden a couple of times and then gave in and brought it inside lol
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley-Anne. This is fabulous. Love the stamp and the colours you have used, very classy. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley-Anne,

    You know what? I thought that the background paper with text on it had been torn from an old book. It has been distressed so well. Looks vintage through and through... The swirls look sweet and so do the image, flowers and butterfly.

    Thanks so much for asking after us... hubby is slowly getting better.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, the script stamp is gorgeous. Love how you have set the image of the little girl in the centre. The distressed edges give a real vitage feel too.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love that little girl image and how you have embellished the card.
    Just letting you know I've made another card for the Christmas card Challenge - it's on my blog.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love the vintage feel to this Shirley-Ann.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley-Anne, I think you did a beautiful job of showing how this stamp can be used! Lovely, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks awesome shirley, I do love that background stamp!!!!

    Fabulous vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Shirley-Anne, love how you have shown how to use that script stamp, something I haven't tried yet but feel I must now I have seen you use it so beautifully.

    Thank you so very much for your very kind and sweet words on my blog, I so appreciate what you have said.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend full of card making!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is stunning, so very special. hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne