Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Sarah Hurley challenge entry .

Hello blog pals , welcome to my room . Warm as toast in here after a 14.6 degree day I believe. I have tried to catch up on commenting today . Seen some awesome projects.
I had some snail mail with new stamps as well , so was keen to ink them .
This is the first time I have searched for a challenge  that my " imagined card " would suit , before I created it .   I came across
 http://sarahhurleychallenges.blogspot.com/2011/06/challenge-42-sponsored-by-gallimaufryuk.html
here the theme is Summer .
Sarah says that it is not imperitive that you use one of her images but that she would be delighted if  you  did . I dont have any of hers yet ...maybe soon .
Here is the card I hope meets the requirements

All card stock and dsp is from SU. Nellie's Multi frames used as layers for images . Thongs , bag and sentiment from Shoes'n'Bags set LadybugCraftsink . Umbrella from Kaszazz. Coloured with copin pens . Sorry I have not got into the habit yet of recording numbers. The umbrella had a patterned top but I cut its shape  from white card and paper pieced that over original stamping , then coloured brightly .I used scallop frame as connection to waves at beach .
So happy with the result and hope you like it too .
    Am entering into this challenge
 http://sarahhurleychallenges.blogspot.com/2011/06/challenge-42-sponsored-by-gallimaufryuk.html
Catch you again soon , cheers for now , Shirley-Anne.

14 comments:

  1. Your beach scene looks fabulous - great choice of colours!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it a lot Shirley-Anne! So pretty and so "beachy". I am impressed that you can do a summer challenge so well in the middle of this wintery weather! We had 11 degrees today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've used that stamp - the colours and layout are just brilliant Shirley-Anne! I think this is my most fave of yor cards yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley-Anne, I wanted to visit and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I have been looking at your work and love it
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mum

    Fabulous summery card!! Colour combo is very fresh and summery. I love the new LCI images and your paper piecing looks terrific.

    Love
    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shirley-anne, lovely to have a new blogging friend from the other side of the world. Love your summery card - very bright and cheery. Look forward to following your blog and seeing all your lovely creations. Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great beach scene, and gorgeous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and summery.Fabulous paper piecing.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright zingy colours Shirley , so pretty and summery. Its been raining on and off here today so this has brightened my day
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Shirley-Anne...I love how you added the umbrella to The Flip Flops...it blends in so well. The colours you've used and the pp have a great summer feel. We're starting summer here in Glasgow and it was a tropical 12.5 today lol. I think I prefer your winter
    temperature :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely summery card, great colours! Dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww super summery!
    What a stunning lil card! I just love it and that wee image you used!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Sarah Hurley Challenges
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this summery card, totally awesome!!!

    Great image and papers, totally makes me wanna be at the beach... in summer! hehe, its freezing here today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is so cool Shirley-Anne! Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne