Followers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Angela's Journal


Remember an earlier post on  the Circle journals that I and a few friends are creating pages for? Well  Angela's turned up today with a request for "fashion Pages" please.

Now this would have to be my hardest challenge of all time ! For three reasons ..
1;   I am not a scrapper
2;   I have no fashion sense at all
3;    I am not an embellisher, or  a great colour coordinator .
But this is for fun and my friends are KIND .

Here is the front cover of Angela's Journal.
So artistic . So flowery and lacey.

Now for the pages I 've just completed . The first page was reasonably easy as I had several really old dress patterns stored in the back of the linen press. Now I can't swear to their age but I think its late 60's early seventies. I cut out the ladies from the front of the packets . The papers and ricrac  are from my stash of scraps and the buttons are from SU..
Now the second page was harder. I had some vintage photos and papers , flowers and stickers . . I  love the corner embellishments . This page was more about the hats of yesteryear . Before my time of course but I love these hats . They are femininity personified . I meant that this page was harder because there is a need to add more embellishments and try as I might dingly , sparkly or loopy things just arn't me! But I love seeing them on other people's creations .   I certainly hope that Angela likes them .                    And I hope you do too.                            

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's always good to be challenged occassionally. Job well done I think she will love it.

chris said...

Hi Shirley-Anne
well I think this is amazing and no I'm not just saying that, I love it its so interesting and I love how you've put the old dress making patterns to some use.
love it. the embelishments are perfect.
way to go girl!
hugs chris xx

Sue W said...

Ooh beautiful Journal love the cover and your pages are fabulous. I love vintage images but am not too sure how to use them in paper projects will have to try something soon! Thanks for the inspiration.