Followers

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Quiet Please.

Hello there , welcome to my room .
Thank you for calling in and I hope that you like the card that I have to share .

We used to have a shack at Morgan on the River Murry.  It was a tin /iron garage of sorts and we had a wood stove and bunk beds along with other  home comforts so we were not really roughing it . We used to play cards, do jigsaws ,  cook crumpets and drown them in butter and honey or vegemite . But what I loved most was the the roller door at one end which  opened up right at the bank of the river  . So in the mornings we would lift the door and watch the morning mist rise from the water while listening to the raucous laugh of the kookaburras. ...SIGH!
When I saw this image on a Whimsy CD. this memory of times past came flooding back .

The card and paper are from SU . The seagull ,  a free image with a magazine and the sentiment is from unnamed set of stamps in my stash .

 
 
I hope that my girls will enjoy making yet another masculine card for our last Tuesday  craft morning for 2012.

                                                                 A frivolous thought

                                                      
                                             Catch you again soon , cheers for now , Shirley-Anne.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card the image and layout are fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great male card Sirley-anne love that scene

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful memory and a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely memory, Shirley-Anne - I'm sighing now with contentment! A beautiful calming card!

    Have a fabulous Christmas and an even better New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful- love your card. How your memories are tied in with the image are fabulous. I grew up with a river in my backyard- it always brings me back when I see images with water- so calming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lovely scene on the card, great layout and colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne