Followers

Saturday, June 22, 2024

Inspiration from tidying my room

 Hi there , thanks for calling in . 

My craft afternoon has been one of the best because it began while attacking a messy desk .

Well, have you ever started to tidy your craft space, only to find that you have unearthed so long forgotten treasures .Images ,cut outs and  little snippets from older magazines and images that you printed out because at the time you thought were just right for a project that you had intended to begin straight away?

Of course you have . As a true crafter / card maker , scrapbooker , thats just what one does .       Isn't it?...........Gee, I hope someone, somewhere said, "of course". 

Any way ..

The paper ,on my messy desk,  had been left over  from a 12"x12" thicker  paper and I trimmed it to create a 12.5cm square card. The floral embellishments came from a freebie sheet  in a magazine pack,while the sentiment came from an ephemera pack from SU."Saying Something" .

You will find those on page 19 in the current  SU catalogue.



I adhered  all the pieces with foam dots . Now , looking at this
 make ,I am wondering if the striped background suits the floral embellishments .
Still , I will leave it because I like it ......
OH and I did add a little Wink of Stella on some of the flowers ..

That is my afternoon crafting session and Blog entry  completed . 

I hope that you have enjoyed the read and can relate to the finding of sweet treasures  on your desk .

Catch you again soon , cheers for now ,Shirley-Anne.





























5 comments:

  1. I love the stripes and flowers Shirley - Anne, lovely colour combo and such fun to just get onto your room and do whatever you want..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the stripes with the beautiful flowers, Shirley Anne. A great result whilst clearing up. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stripy background offsets the pretty flowers nicely.

    And YES, of course we crafter have all been there regarding the messy desk & treasure finds!!!
    Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the stripes and flowers look fine!
    Of course!
    What is that saying, I can't clean my craftroom because I find all sorts of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, such a hard task to tidy your desk, only to find such treasures that neeeed to be used, immediately!!
    Love your pretty result here Shirley-Anne.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne